Sunday, June 17, 2007

Summer's coming...

First off: HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!
I am happy to get to talk to my family today and get some comments from people to my blog. Thank you everyone!! It's is nice to receive some communication from people back home, it's a bit distressing to feel like your being out of the loop for such a long time.

Timed Image, camera free riding on cart

So something hit me a couple of days ago while I was alone in the field... a thought... I realized that I had archived a major goal that I had set for myself a long time ago when I was working as a switch tech at T-Mobile in Albuquerque, NM. I was happy to have a great respectable job that was demanding and interesting however rather upset about my environment... a very cold, window-less, secure, stale office; thinking all the time how I would rather be doing field work traveling to interesting places, meeting new people (and cultures), outdoors mixed in with some danger. And that past wish hit me as I was walking alone, in a different world, loaded shotgun in hand, fully clothed and with enough food and water for days; my only communication... a radio. It made me smile, gave me energy and again I saw that I am still doing very well; a lucky good life surrounded by great people, wonderful family and a waiting little dog...

2 comments:

jmrcannon@gmail.com said...

I'm glad your settling in to your new environment and realizing past goals. It is very self affirming when you do that. It's hot here over a hundred already so night climbing and camping will be beginning this weekend. I'm out of my brace and have been cleared by a doctor to do anything that doesn't hurt like hell. Anyway keep in touch and stay safe.

prancing fawn said...

Hey Perry,

I'm happy that you are blogging and recording your experiences. Keep on following your dreams and congrats on the feeling of contentment! (you should still check my blog out hehehe www.prancingfawn.blogspot.com)

Amorita